Should you go to the hospital if you have a medical problem that isn’t caused by the coronavirus? Given that the pandemic is still ongoing, with cases reported from all around the country, this is a genuine concern. However, in the present scenario, a growing number of hospitals have begun to welcome non-covid patients with all safety measures and covid protocols.
While these activities are gradually returning to normalcy, it is natural to be concerned about whether it is safe to go to the hospital during the covid time for a general check-up.
Know about Covid-19 safe hospital in Chandigarh here: https://healinghospital.co.in/
To answer the question, it is safe to visit hospitals for a general check-up that observe the following safety and security measures:
- Separate area for treating Covid-19 patients: Hospitals are increasingly making provisions for separate waiting areas for Covid-19 patients.
Along with this, measures are taken to call the patients just moments before their appointment for the least risk of exposure. Healthy patients are mostly asked to wait outside or in their cars until their exact time of appointment.
- Added attention to hygiene and disinfection: Along with all the regular cleaning and disinfection methods, hospitals now use cleaning procedures that are proven to destroy the COVID-19 virus.
Sanitisers are also kept at every corner so that they are in everyone’s reach to ensure proper hygiene and safety.
- Measures for easing social distancing: Many hospitals have changed the layout of their waiting rooms and lobbies to facilitate social distancing. Using new layouts and helpful signs make it easier to know where and when to go.
- No entry without masks: All patients, family members, and visitors are asked to wear a mask or face covering while in the hospital to prevent the spread of COVID-19. At the entrance, the screening personnel hands masks to anyone without a mask or wearing an ineffective one.
- Temperature check at the entrance: Although there are a variety of symptoms of COVID-19, the majority of positive cases possess a fever.
Associates, vendors, doctors, staff and all visitors entering the hospital premises are checked for temperature every time they want to get in the building. This exercise helps in keeping the premises of the hospital safe and infection-free.
Book an appointment with a Covid-19 safe hospital in Chandigarh here: https://healinghospital.co.in/
What can you do to stay safe?
- Consider video consultation: In this age of technology, patients can now visit their doctors without stepping a foot into the hospital. Nowadays, many doctors are increasing the availability of online appointments. So, if you have a scheduled health appointment that you don’t want to miss, see if you can do it online.
- Take safety measures when in hospital: Even though most hospitals are following all covid protocols, there is no harm in taking precautions from your side. So in cases when you cannot avoid going to the hospital, make sure to follow the following safety measures:
- Try to get vaccinated against Covid-19 before your appointment.
- Keep a safe space (at least 6 feet) between yourself and others.
- Put on a mask.
- Wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds, if possible.
- When you can’t wash your hands, use a hand sanitiser.
- Keep your hands off your face.
- Try not to touch surfaces.
- To clean areas that you do need to touch, use disinfectant wipes.
Also Read: https://healinghospital.co.in/importance-of-covid-vaccination-healing-hospital-chandigarh/
Your well-being is crucial. It’s crucial to receive the proper diagnosis or treatment if anything is troubling you. Putting off medical treatment might lead to difficulties later on or make recovery more difficult. So you can either book an online consultation or walk in a covid-19 safe hospital in Chandigarh.
Take care, stay safe!