There are two types of surgeries that you can opt for removing non-cancerous uterine tumors and these are Myomectomy and Hysterectomy.
- Myomectomy procedure: In this technique, fibroids are removed while leaving the uterus intact.
- Hysterectomy procedure: In this method, the uterus and ovaries are removed along with fibroids.
This method is only used for treating uterine fibroids. It can be the first choice of any woman if she wishes to have children in future. It is also a good option for women who are unable to get pregnant due to uterine fibroids or they want to preserve their uterus.
What you should expect during a Myomectomy procedure?
Myomectomy procedure is done using a large incision (open procedure) in the abdomen with the help of laparoscopy. It also involves several small incisions and usage of a camera for finding fibroids. It can also be done using hysteroscopy where the fibroids are removed through the cervix and vagina.
What are the preparations that are required for myomectomy procedure?
This procedure is a surgical way to remove fibroids inside the uterus so it requires various preparations before surgery and requires good aftercare. These preparations include:
- Prescribed medicines before surgery so the size of fibroids can be reduced to minimal.
- You will be asked to complete some medical tests such as MRI scan, Electrocardiogram (Pelvic ultrasound) and blood test etc. to gain information about your health and extent of your fibroids.
- You may be asked to stop the usage of medications like vitamins, supplements and other medicines before surgery.
- If you smoke then you have to avoid smoking for 6 to 8 weeks at least to give your body sufficient healing time.
- You can be asked not to eat anything and drink liquids by the midnight before surgery.
What you should expect during your recovery?
If you have opted for Myomectomy then you have to spend at least one night in the hospital or you may have to stay in the hospital for several days as it depends on the approach that is used for Myomectomy procedure.
If it is done using open procedure then, you have to stay in the hospital for a few days at least and if it is done using hysteroscopy or laparoscopy then you only have to stay in hospital for one night.
You will need strong pain killers for at least 24 hours or more depending upon the Myomectomy procedure performed. You also have to avoid intercourse for 6 weeks to ensure proper recovery without any complication.
What types of complications you may face after a Myomectomy procedure?
There are some complications which you can expect after Myomectomy procedure and these are:
- Most common problem is bleeding which is frequent
- Scar tissues that can occur due to incisions in the uterus
- Scar tissues that are developed outside the uterus due to surgery
- Potential threat to female fertility as you can face serious issues in giving birth due to scar tissue
Hence, it is advisable to opt for the best gynecologist surgeons to eliminate or minimize the risk factors and complications. At Healing, comprehensive care is provided to women of all ages by our experienced team of gynecologists. To know all the services, you may click at https://healinghospital.co.in/gynecology/
Advantages of Myomectomy procedure
- Fibroids are removed completely
- The possibility to have children (uterus is not removed from the body)
- There is potential of fibroids regrowth
- There is less chances of complete fibroids removal
- Longer recovery period and pain makes it less popular
This procedure is not only used for treating uterine fibroids but also performed for the treatment of various other medical issues such as:
- Cancer in the female reproductive organs
- Prolapse issues
- Severe/ abnormal bleeding
What you can expect during Hysterectomy Procedure?
Hysterectomy Procedure can be performed through vagina, or through laparoscopy or through large incision in the abdomen. The different Hysterectomy Procedure are:
- Complete or total Hysterectomy Procedure involves removal of cervix and uterus
- Radical Hysterectomy Procedure involves complete hysterectomy and entire structure removal around the uterus. This is the first choice of doctors, if cancer is detected or present.
- Supracervical Hysterectomy Procedure is used for removing the upper part of the uterus without removing the cervix.
There are other surgeries those can be performed along with Hysterectomy Procedure and these are –
- Oophorectomy: It is used for removing just the ovaries during Hysterectomy Procedure
- Salpingo-oophorectomy: This procedure is used to remove the fallopian tubes and the ovaries.
What you can expect during the recovery process?
In the Hysterectomy method of Fibroid Removal Surgery, general anesthesia is used for making patients unconscious so your initial recovery part will be completed in the hospital. There can be 2 to 3 days stay in the hospital. You may have constipation and vaginal bleeding along with pain after this procedure and you can face this condition for up to 6 weeks. Emotional health can also vary from one woman to another as some women become emotional as they no longer can become mother and others may feel happy or relieved by the removal of fibroids.
What are the complications you can face after Hysterectomy procedure?
There are few complications that you can face after Hysterectomy Procedure and these are –
- Breathing problems that can occur due to anesthesia
- Blood clot that can form in legs and they can reach lungs
- Other infections
- Complete uterus fibroids removal and you won’t face the similar problem again.
- Long recovery time is biggest drawback
- You can’t get pregnant, once this procedure is done
- It has highest surgical risk among all other options for uterine fibroid treatments
- Major to minor pain can be witnessed for weeks
At Healing Hospital Chandigarh we have experts and specialized doctors to help you get rid of fibroids which are non-cancerous tumors that grow in the uterus. Over time, we have been constantly recognized as the Best Gynecology Hospital in Chandigarh, Mohali & Panchkula for the treatment of Fibroid Removal and surgery. We ensure safe and successful results of Rasoli treatment and we are known for our safe and best results as well as affordable cost of Fibroids removal surgery. To book appointment with us click at https://healinghospital.co.in/gynecology/