Gallbladder and its functions:
Gallbladder is a small organ attached with liver. It resembles pear, in its shape and size. It is located just under the liver on the right side of the abdominal area. The main function of the Gall bladder is to store and concentrate the bile that is produced by the liver, which is released to help in digestion process after eating.
Gallbladder stones and its types:
The Gall bladder stones or gallstones are developed due to bile pigments, cholesterol or calcium salts. These crystalline formations can occur both in the Gall bladder itself or in the bile ducts which are responsible for carrying the bile from gall bladder to the liver.
The Gallstones or Gallbladder stones are of two types:
Cholesterol stones which are yellow-green in colour. Around two third gall stones are cholesterol stones.
Pigment stones are smaller and dark in colour. These stones are made up of bilirubin.
Symptoms of Gallbladder stones:
- Abdominal pain especially in the upper right side is the main symptom of the Gallbladder stones. The gallstone attack is typically follow a heavy meal during the night.
- There can be pain in the back between the shoulder blades or under the right shoulder.
- Other symptoms include nausea, vomiting, bloating, indigestion etc.
It has been also observed that many patients don’t have any gallstone symptoms, hence they are asymptomatic. Nevertheless, the treatment is required just the same, in this case also.
Causes of Gallbladder stones:
- People who are overweight or obese are more likely to form gallbladder stones.
- Secretion of excessive estrogen is another major cause. This can happen due to numerous pregnancies, hormone therapy, taking birth control pills that increases the cholesterol levels in the bile and disrupt the functioning of gall bladder which lead to the formation of gall stones.
- People suffering with biliary infection can develop gallstones.
- Certain blood disorders are also found to be the cause of this condition.
- People who do excessive dieting can develop gallstones over time.
- Cholesterol reducing medication can also disturb the gallbladder and results in gallstones.
There are certain complications that can be caused due to Gallstones:
- Recurring of severe pain in the abdominal
- The blockage of the bile duct due to stone can also cause jaundice.
- Swelling in pancreas which can lead to multi-organ failure. it can be life-threatening if not treated immediately.
- formation of pus in the gallbladder
- Biliary infection that can be fatal if it is not treated on time and turns severe.
- The long-term negligence or delaying the treatment of gallbladder stones can lead to cancer of gall bladder.
Therefore, it becomes paramount important that you seek best gallbladder stone specialists and doctors to treat this condition at the soonest.
Treatment of Gallbladder stones:
Gallbladder specialist today performs endoscopic or laparoscopic surgeries to remove the gall bladder as it is the only way to cure the gall stones. In this procedure, the surgeon make tiny punctures or incisions in the abdominal area and insert the miniature cameras and surgical equipment to remove the gallbladder from one of the incisions. The high success rate of endoscopic surgeries have completely replaced the open surgeries in terms of quick recover and painless procedure. The open surgery is only opted when there is some difficulty in the laparoscopic procedure which is quite rare these days.
There are numerous benefits of selecting Laparoscopic surgery for gall stones:
- You will have minimum pain. In fact, it is generally a painless procedure.
- The recovery rate is very fast
- There are minimal chances of scarring as the incisions or cuts made are very small.
- Not much discomfort or hassle is experienced during and after the surgery
- You can resume your normal activities as soon as you feel comfortable.
Gallbladder Surgery/ Operation Cost in Chandigarh:
As you look for the Best hospital for gallbladder surgery in Chandigarh or in Mohali, Panchkula and Kharar; it is important that you make sure that you have considered the surgery cost and availability of various medical services of the hospital. The gallbladder stone surgery cost in Chandigarh varies according to the case and condition of the patient. Healing Hospital is offering gall bladder surgery between Rs 40,000 to 50,000 which includes hospital stay, medical test (like blood tests, X-ray or ECG and ultrasound of the gallbladder), medication and other medical services. We ensure that everything will be taken care of during your stay in the hospital.
We make sure that you get completer relief from the pain and resume your day to day activities at the soonest.
We at Healing Hospital are well equipped with the state-of-the-art technology and highly experienced doctors that are required for the laparoscopic or endoscopic gallbladder stone surgery. We are among the best hospital for gallbladder surgery in Chandigarh and our team of best doctors and gallbladder stone surgeons are available round the clock to relieve you from the painful condition and provide you most trusted medical care.
Have any questions?
[contact-form-7 id=”3698″ title=”blog”]