Piles are also known as haemorrhoids. It is the collection of inflamed or swollen tissues and veins in the lowest part of rectum and anus which contains blood vessels, support tissue, muscles and elastic fibre. They can vary in size and can be found inside or outside anal. The Internal Piles are more common and are located 2-4 cm above the opening of the anus while External Piles occur on the outside edge of anus. Haemorrhoids are graded from grade I to Grade IV. Surgery is required at grades III and IV.
It is estimated that around 50% people tend to face this condition at some point in their lives. Males are females are equally affected by piles. Many people feel shy while discussing this medical problem and thus, delay in seeking treatment tend to worsen their condition. Hence, it is important that the treatment should be sought in the initial stages. As soon as you observe any symptoms, you should seek piles doctor in Chandigarh for immediate attention.
Symptoms of Piles:
The symptoms depends on the type of piles present:
Internal piles are painless as there are few pain receptors inside the anus. There is dark red bleeding with stool. When internal haemorrhoids stick out the anus they are known as Prolapsed Haemorrhoids. They can cause itchiness and burning sensation.
External piles are often painful, and there is swelling in on the edge of anus. Bleeding can also occur. In case, a blood clot develops, it can block the flow of blood. In such cases, immediate medical attention is required.
Some common symptoms for both types of piles are:
- itchiness , soreness and turning of skin red around the anus
- pain during the passing of stool
- feeling of full bowel even after passing of stool
Symptoms of piles can also be classified in terms of grades:
Grade I: There is less swelling or inflammation around the lining of anus.
Grade II: It is larger than grade I but remain inside the anus. It might be pushed out with the passing of the stool.
Grade III: It is also known as prolapsed haemorrhoids. It can be felt hanging from the rectum.
Grade IV: They are large, remain outside the anus, and will need medical treatment.
Causes of Piles:
Piles are caused by increased pressure in the lower parts of the rectum which stretches the blood vessels around the anus resulting in swelling and formation of Piles.
The main causes are:
- Chronic constipation
- Chronic diarrhoea
- Straining due to lifting of heavy weights
- Pregnancy- the growing uterus increases the pressure on veins
- Difficulty or straining in passing stool
- Consuming diet which is low in fibre
- Being overweight or obese
- Smoking and alcohol consumption
- Sedentary lifestyle- It includes less physical activity, prolonged sitting, passivity, fast-food dependency.
- Disruptive or irregular eating patterns that affects/strains bowel movement.
Treatment of Piles by Specialist in Chandigarh:
Piles rarely affect the overall health of an individual yet without treatment there can be prolonged pain and discomfort in store for you.
There are many treatment options available and it depends upon the severity and condition of the patient.
- In many cases, piles resolve on their own with some lifestyle changes like eating fibre-rich food, exercising, regularising eating patterns etc. Such changes are helpful in relieving piles.
- Obesity is one of the major causes of pile and it is found that losing extra weight can help in treating piles.
- There are many ointments, creams and over-the-counter medications available for treating piles.
- Minimally invasive surgery like Stapler Haemorrhoidectomy can be done if the above mentioned treatment options does not bear any results. For that you need to consult piles doctor and also, select best piles hospital in Chandigarh so that proper diagnosis can be made before treatment. Also, when you seek piles specialist you are making sure that you get the best suited advice and treatment option.
More about ‘Stapler Haemorrhoidectomy’:
A stapling device is used to cut the blood supply to the piles. The titanium staples immediately cut and seal the piles to ensure no bleeding takes places. The pain sensing fibres being absent high up in the anal canal cancels experiencing of pain during the procedure. There are no incisions as the stapler closes the wound. The surgery is quite quick and recovery rate is very fast.
You should always opt to take the guidance of piles doctor in Chandigarh. This way you can negate any chance of complicating your medical condition and getting faster and effective treatment. The cost of piles surgery at Healing Hospital ranges between Rs 40,000 to 50,000 which includes surgery cost along with medical tests, hospital stay and other medical expenses. Hence, it is time that you stop ignoring your condition and become proactive in seeking the trustworthy medical services and best piles hospital in Chandigarh.
Piles can be a painful and uncomfortable condition for an individual, ignoring it for too long can lead to complications. Thus, it is crucial
to seek treatment well on time.
We at Healing Hospital are ever-ready to give you relief from the painful medical condition of piles with dedicated and expert piles doctors and specialist. We are one of the best piles hospital in Chandigarh committed to offer patient-centric medical care and attention.
Have any questions?
[contact-form-7 id=”3698″ title=”blog”]