A minimally invasive procedure, Angioplasty is used to treat narrowed or blocked arteries. This procedure involves inflating a small balloon to widen the artery and this restores the blood flow. We all know that there are benefits and risks involved with any medical procedure. Although Angioplasty is safe, there is little risk involved.
If we talk about the best Angioplasty hospital in Chandigarh, the only name that comes to mind is Healing Hospital. This hospital has a team of experienced surgeons who have performed an extensive amount of angioplasties. With the state of art facilities and equipment, this hospital is very exceptional. Let’s know more about Angioplasty in this blog –
What is Angioplasty?
When an artery requires more space because of the plaque buildup in it, Angioplasty comes in hand. The surgeon uses a balloon to force the buildup of plaque inside the walls of an artery. These healthcare providers or surgeons also place stents or tubes in the artery that is newly open to keep it that way.
Who needs an Angioplasty?
Those who have coronary artery disease or a heart attack might need angioplasty. The angioplasty is also used in other parts of the body such as the legs, arms, kidneys, or pelvis to open the blocked artery. Angioplasty helps the blood to flow more precisely. This helps blood to reach the body parts in a smooth and better way.
What are the risks and complications associated with angioplasty?
It is very rare to have a risk or a complication after angioplasty, but of course, every invasive procedure comes with its risks. There is one such example such as you might need a coronary artery bypass graft soon after or maybe during angioplasty. This is the ratio of one in a hundred. But when you choose the Best Hospital for Angioplasty in Chandigarh, that is Healing Hospital, this risk becomes null.
The other most common risks and complications associated with angioplasty are –
- Reactions to the dye
- Heart attack
- Abnormal pulse
- Kidney or blood vessel damage
- Blood Clots
- Chest pain
- A repetitive blockage if the stent isn’t placed
These risks can be prevented by an experienced Healthcare provider such as Healing Hospital. With our state-of-art technology and efficient staff, we make sure that the surgery goes successful and you don’t suffer from any kind of risk associated with any procedure.
What should you expect after the Angioplasty?
After the angioplasty, you will need some time to recover. Here are some things you should expect:
- You will stay in the hospital for one night or longer, depending on the reason for your angioplasty and how well you are doing.
- You will have a bandage over the site where the catheter was inserted. You should keep it clean and dry and change it every day until it heals. You may have some bruising, swelling, or soreness around the site, but this should go away in a few days.
- You will need to drink plenty of fluids to flush out the contrast dye that was used during the procedure. You should avoid alcohol and caffeine for 24 hours after angioplasty.
- You will need to rest and limit your activities for a few days or weeks. You should avoid heavy lifting, strenuous exercise, driving, and sexual activity until your doctor says it is safe. You should also avoid taking baths, swimming, or using hot tubs until your wound heals.
Angioplasty can improve your quality of life and reduce your risk of having another heart attack. However, it is not a cure for coronary artery disease. You still need to take care of your heart and follow your doctor’s advice.
Angioplasty can improve your quality of life and reduce your risk of having another heart attack. However, it is not a cure for coronary artery disease. You still need to take care of your heart and follow your doctor’s advice. Make sure that you reach out to the Best Hospital for Angioplasty in Chandigarh, that is Healing Hospital.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT :
SCO 18-19, Sector 34-A, Chandigarh
0172-5088883, +91 9464343434