Uterus Removal surgery or Vaginal Hysterectomy which in northern India is referred to as bachhedani surgery is a process where womb and cervix are completely removed using a cut over vagina. It is a complicated process as womb is attached with ligaments that hold it to its original place in the body. Once cervix and womb is removed then cut will be stitched. Vaginal Hysterectomy is performed by using general anesthesia and spinal anesthesia.
Different types of Uterus Removal Surgeries–
- Laparoscopy assisted: It is a surgical process that uses laparoscope for performing Vaginal Hysterectomy.
2.Vaginal Hysterectomy: It is a process where doctor simply remove uterus through vagina and it is commonly used for conditions like cervical dysplasia, endometrial hyperplasia or uterine prolapsed.
3. Complete abdominal hysterectomy: It is a procedure where cervix and uterus are removed using surgical method. It can be done to prevent various diseases like cancer of the ovary and uterus, uterine fibroids etc.
Uterus removal surgery cost depends upon the type of surgery chosen as well as the condition of the patient. At Healing Hospital, we have one the most experienced and sought after doctors who specialize in Vaginal Hysterectomy. They are always ready to counsel you pertaining to the pros and cons of different types of uterus removal surgeries to help you in alleviating your medical condition. To know more about the Uterus removal surgery and its cost, treatment in Chandigarh, Mohali & Panchkula, you can contact our uterus doctor and gynaecologist at https://healinghospital.co.in/gynecology/
When Hysterectomy is performed?
Uterus removal surgery is needed to treat many medical conditions and these are as follows:
- To treat constant and heavy bleeding (in case, medications and dilatation are not able to control it)
- Endometriosis that causes bleeding or pain or both
- Ineffectiveness of medication and treatments for Endometriosis
- Chronic condition of pelvic pain
- Sagging or fallen uterus (Prolapse uterus)
- Presence of cancerous cells or tissues in the uterus
- Any sort of tumors in uterus
Preparing for Uterus Removal Surgery or Vaginal Hysterectomy
Following tips will help you prepare for Uterus Surgery:
- You should carefully plan your care and recovery process after surgery. You should ask your employer for time to rest during recovery. Finding people to help you with day-to-day duties is also very good option, if you opt for Uterus Removal Surgery.
- If you are using aspirin for medical condition then share this information with your doctor to avoid complications in your surgery. In fact, it is advisable to share all the details of medications and ongoing treatments.
- Your doctor may suggest you for various tests such as blood, ECG, X-ray etc. to evaluate anesthesia dose.
- Strictly follow pre-surgery instructions given by your doctor.
- Don’t drink any liquid such as tea, water, coffee etc. after the time that doctor has asked you to stop fluids.
- You may be given laxative before night of surgery.
- You can also be given enema in morning before surgery.
What-to-expect after Uterus Removal surgery
- After effects of anesthesia: It should not be a big deal as modern anesthesia doesn’t have any major side-effects and in fact, you won’t suffer any effect after 24 hours. During the initial 24 hours, your judgment may be impaired and you will feel sleepier.
- Scars: A Vaginal Hysterectomy is done by vagina and you don’t have to worry about scar. But if you have opted for keyhole surgery then you will have few scars on your abdomen. These scars can be 1 cm long.
- Catheter: It is placed to allow smooth drainage of urine. It can be used for 24 hours after surgery until patient is able to walk. The time of catheter can exceed, if patient has difficulties in passing urine.
- Dressings and stitches: There is no need to remove stitches from body as they will dissolve naturally. Your stitches will be covered with dressing to avoid any infection. In case, stitches don’t dissolve then you can consult your doctor.
- Vaginal bleeding: You will have vaginal bleeding for one or two weeks after your surgery but that will stop eventually. You should avoid tampons during bleeding as that can increase the risk of infections. Using sanitary pads are recommended during such condition.
- Discomfort and pain: Women face pain and uneasiness in their abdominal area after uterus removal surgery and you may have to bear some pain or discomfort for few days. You can opt for painkillers to get some help against pain. If pain doesn’t vanish within few days, you should consult with your doctor as that could be a sign of infection.
- Starting diet: After surgery you will have drip that will help in providing fluids to your body. It will be removed soon when you will be able to drink and eat. You have to eat light meals after surgery so it can be easily digested by your body.
- Physiotherapy: You will be given information about activities that will help you in better and faster recovery. You will get your complete mobility quickly and resume your day-to-day work, if you follow these exercises.
- Feeling emotional and tiredness: After surgery, your body will use all its energy for its healing process so you may feel tiredness. You can help yourself by taking good sleep and naps during day for few days. Uterus Removal surgery can have emotional impact on many women.
Aftermath of Uterus Removal Surgery
- The IV and catheter will be removed within 1 or 2 days, if everything is fine.
- You may have to stay at hospital for 5 day or more depending on your situation.
- Once you are discharged from hospital then you need to take plenty of rest as that helps greatly in the recovery process.
- Avoid weight lifting or any movement that put strain on your abdominal for 6 weeks.
- You should follow your consultant’s advice strictly to deal with pain and constipation.
- You won’t have any menstrual periods after this uterus surgery.
- You won’t be able to become pregnant.
- Menopause will start it effects right away after this surgery and doctor can advise you to undertake hormonal therapy.
In case, you have any concerns, you should feel free to consult our doctors, Surgeons for uterus removal surgery and find possible treatments for any issue regarding Vaginal Hysterectomy in Chandigarh. Contact us at https://healinghospital.co.in/gynecology/
Your recovery may take longer than expected –
- If you have health problems before the surgery. It is observed that diabetic women will heal at much slower rate as compared with healthy women with no serious health conditions.
- If you are overweight then there is high risk of infection and thrombosis. Such patients will also take long to eliminate effects of anesthesia.
- If any other surgical issue raised during the time of uterus removal surgery.
Side effects of Uterus removal Surgery
- Early menopause
- Pain during intercourse
- Heavy bleeding
- Injury to adjacent organs
- Blood clots in legs and lungs
- Various infections
You can surely minimize the side effects of the Uterus Removal (Bachhedani) Surgery, if you have selected competent and highly proficient medical services. Therefore, it is of paramount importance that you take into consideration the qualification, experience of the doctors, gynaecologists and surgeon who will perform the surgery as well the infrastructure and medical services available at the Gynecology hospital in Chandigarh, Mohali & Panchkula.
Here, we are proud to announce that Healing Hospital has most experienced and highly qualified doctors and medical staff to undertake successful Vaginal Hysterectomy along with our state-of-the-art infrastructure, advanced medical equipments and hi-tech laboratory. We will discuss everything in detail with you so that in case you decide for uterus removal surgery then you are clear about its various aspects like procedure, recovery rate, surgery cost, complications and emergency services. We guarantee you that you will find our medical services most satisfactory, result-oriented and extremely affordable. To make an appointment with our gynaecologists, click at https://healinghospital.co.in/gynecology/