Pregnancy comes with its own set of joy, responsibility as well as anxiety. The first time moms are more apprehensive as it is completely a unique experience.
Some moms are worried about the baby’s health while others are bothered with the thought of labor pain. Whatever may be your concern ultimately you want that you give birth to a healthy baby and there should be normal delivery.
Here are 9 most useful tips for the first time mothers so that you can ensure a happy and smooth pregnancy:
1. Prepare yourself for physiological and psychological changes – You have to prepare yourself mentally as well as physically for facing the challenges of pregnancy. You will experience changes in your looks, hair, skin, weight as well as feel wide ranges of emotions. Here, we advise that you should prepare yourself psychologically and emotionally so you can enjoy the whole journey in a comfortable way without regretting the decision you made. You can read more about the mood swings during pregnancy and how to manage it here https://healinghospital.co.in/understanding-mood-swings-during-pregnancy-5-faqs/
2. Gynecologist is your real savior – If you are thinking that google can help you to understand your pregnancy more effectively than a real gynecologist then you are in your dreamland! Harsh reality is that there is lot of information but we don’t have the necessary filter to know its authenticity. That is why you should only depend on experienced gynecologist, if you are facing any issue pertaining to pregnancy otherwise you will be posing risk to you and your baby. You can communicate and raise your query with our experienced and highly qualified gynecologists at https://healinghospital.co.in/mother-and-child-care-hospital-in-chandigarh/
3. Comfortable clothes are must – The maternity clothes add comfort to your pregnancy experience. Buy clothes of soft and natural material with right size. Tight and synthetic fiber will not be uncomfortable but also lead to suffocation, swelling, over perspiration etc. Hence, choose wisely when it comes to your clothes during pregnancy.
4. Exercise suitable for Prenatal– While you have to eat more (for you and baby), you must opt for prenatal exercises. It will provide much needed strength to blood vessels and heart and reduce the risk of preeclampsia, diabetes, gestational issues. You can read more about how to maintain healthy weight during pregnancy here https://healinghospital.co.in/maintaining-a-healthy-weight-during-pregnancy-5-simple-steps/
5. Use your own discretion – When you share the news about your pregnancy there is in fact a wave of advice, suggestions and precautions from others. You will be overloaded with information by all types of people. Here, it is best to consult your doctor, gynecologist to get the valid and up-to-date information about healthy pregnancy.
6. Healthy diet is key to healthy pregnancy – Balanced diet is must during pregnancy:
- Make sure that you are opting for lean protein that is good to make your body muscles strong and helps in baby growth. You can opt for pulses, well-
cooked fish, boiled eggs etc. for securing sufficient protein.
- Healthy fats are also important part of good diet. You can include olive oil, coconut oil, dairy products and dry fruits to fulfil your healthy fats requirement.
- The most important things that is necessary for your daily nutrition is fruit and vegetables. You can choose fresh fruit juice, fruit and vegetable salad or can eat them raw depending upon your desire.
- You need to make sure that you are drinking sufficient amount of water every day for better absorption for nutrients. Read in detail about the diet during pregnancy here: https://healinghospital.co.in/diet-during-first-pregnancy-healing-hospital-chandigarh/
7. Stay aware of the third trimester ‘danger signs’ – Once the first trimester is complete, there are very few chances of miscarriage. However, in third trimester, there can be many danger signs like swollen feet during pregnancy, swelling on hands, face etc. that could be a sign of preeclampsia which needs immediate medical attention. Other danger signs are vaginal bleeding, severe abdominal pain, decreased fetal movement, severe headaches etc. You should contact your doctor at the soonest. If you have any such query or doubt, you should contact our mother and child care hospital in Chandigarh by clicking here https://healinghospital.co.in/mother-and-child-care-hospital-in-chandigarh/
8. Get emotional and material support – You will require lot of emotional support throughout your pregnancy. So don’t hold back to ask favors from your friends and family. Having heart to heart talk with other mothers can be really cathartic and stress relieving. In addition don’t hesitate to enjoy maternity-specific items like pregnancy pillow, swollen feet relief, pregnancy journal, nursing pads etc. This will make your journey through pregnancy comfortable and enjoyable for sure.
9. Routine work can be an ideal diversion – There is a misconception that you have to rest throughout the day when you are pregnant. In fact, you need some routine work to be active, fit and healthy. It also keeps anxiety and illness away. You only have to ensure that you are not doing any stressful or strenuous work as that can harm the development of your baby. You can manage all your routine work till the end of second trimester but in third trimester you will require more rest. So plan your work/professional life accordingly.
At Healing Hospital, we have an expert and highly experienced team of gynecologists that encourages normal and natural baby delivery. We believe in educating and counseling the first time mothers about healthy and stress free pregnancy. We have top-notch infrastructure, highly sophisticated medical equipments, NICU to assist even high risk pregnancy as well. We offer single priced, affordable package to the expectant mothers to ensure that finances do not hinder their opportunity to avail quality services.. You may book an appointment with us at https://healinghospital.co.in/mother-and-child-care-hospital-in-chandigarh/
Have any questions?
[contact-form-7 id=”3698″ title=”blog”]