COVID-19 has been a concern for everyone on this planet for the past year. But pregnant women need to be extra careful about it since they may be at a higher risk of contracting the virus. Healing Hospital is one of the best hospitals for gynecology treatment near Mohali. Here are a few tips by the best gynecology hospital in Mohali to boost your immune system in pregnancy so that you can beat COVID-19.
- Take all the necessary precautions: To avoid catching the infection, pregnant women should avoid going out as much as possible. If you must go out for some reason, wear a mask that completely covers your face. Do not touch the mask, except the straps, when putting it on or taking it off. Also, do not forget to maintain social distancing.
- Get enough sleep: Pregnant women need to maintain a high level of physical and mental energy. You must get enough sleep to keep your body and mind energetic. Many studies have shown that having enough sleep each day enhances the body’s immunity significantly. Additionally, rest is vital for the baby developing within you.
- Eat a nutrition-rich diet: Morning sickness can be relieved and the immune system can be boosted by eating healthy food. To provide adequate nutrition to your baby during pregnancy, you should prioritise a well-balanced diet.
Your body’s ability to combat diseases is improved by your consumption of a balanced diet along with all vitamins. Therefore, it is advised that you get a food chart from your gynaecologist to keep up with the needs of your baby and yourself.
Book an appointment with the best gynecology hospital in Mohali here: https://www.healinghospital.co.in/gynecology/
- Get regular check-ups: For regular check-ups, you may not need to visit the hospital every time. You can also get your online check-ups and talk to your gynaecologist about how you feel and clarify any sort of doubts that you have.
- Try to eat home-cooked meals: Avoiding junk food from outdoors is always a good choice in pregnancy. But now with the added risk of COVID-19, there is a new and a more valid reason to avoid them. Nothing can replace the safety and nutrition of home-cooked meals and so it is advised that you consume fresh food made at home.
- Avoid caffeine: Pregnant women should not consume more than 300 mg of caffeine in a day. Fruit juices may be substituted for coffee or tea by expecting mothers. Because of their high caffeine content, soft drinks and energy drinks are similarly dangerous to expectant mothers. It is always a good choice to consume only freshly prepared drinks.
- Do not consume alcohol: Alcohol in pregnancy is a big no-no. Consumption of alcohol in pregnancy and while breastfeeding can dangerously affect the baby.
- Consume immunity-boosting foods: Eat nutritious, home-cooked meals to strengthen your immune system. Fruits, vegetables, grains, high-protein foods, and dairy are all safe to eat.
Calcium can be found in milk, buttermilk, and curd. Protein can be obtained from eggs, dal, nuts, and cereals. Fibre, vitamins, and minerals can be found in abundance in fruits and vegetables. Also, add Ghee to your diet to improve your bones and immunity.
- Avoid public restrooms: Although the need to use the toilet increases significantly during pregnancy, try to avoid crowded public restrooms. When using the restroom outside, make sure to wipe or spray the seat before using it, and wash your hands thoroughly afterwards.
- Exercise: During pregnancy, it is good to have an active lifestyle. Doing a little exercise, yoga and meditation will make you feel good, both mentally and physically.
- Stay happy: Staying at home for most of the time in these Covid times is not easy. But try to engage in some activity or do anything that makes you feel happy. Make demands if you want to, watch your favourite shows, and spend time with family and friends. In short, think well, be well, and enjoy your pregnancy.