Do you have a high risk pregnancy? Are you wondering how frequently should you visit your doctor in a high risk pregnancy? If so, you are at the right place. This article will discuss all about high risk pregnancy and prenatal visits required during the term.
In a high-risk pregnancy, you and your baby may be at a greater risk of health problems. A high risk pregnancy is usually terrifying for parents as they are concerned about the baby’s and the mother’s well-being.
But with today’s medical and technological advancements, high risk pregnancies can be easily managed. However, they require specific monitoring and care. As the needs of a high-risk pregnancy differ from those of a normal pregnancy, the visits to doctors, in this case, are different as well.
- Risk Factors for a High Risk Pregnancy
- Visits to Doctor in a High Risk Pregnancy
Risk Factors for a High Risk Pregnancy
Following are the factors that can lead to a high risk pregnancy:
- Medical issues: A high-risk pregnancy can be caused by a medical problem of the mother before pregnancy such as high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes, epilepsy, thyroid disease, heart or blood abnormalities, poorly controlled asthma, and infections. In some circumstances, a medical issue that arises during pregnancy for either you or your baby raises the risk of the pregnancy.
- Complications during pregnancy: Risks can arise from a variety of issues such as an unusual placenta position during pregnancy.
- Multiple pregnancies: Women carrying multiple foetuses during one pregnancy have a greater chance for having a high risk pregnancy.
- History of pregnancy: A history of pregnancy-related hypertension issues, such as preeclampsia, raises the chances of getting them again in subsequent pregnancy.
- Advanced motherhood: Mothers above the age of 35 have an increased likelihood of high risk pregnancy.
- Choices of lifestyle: Smoking, consuming alcohol, and using illegal drugs can endanger a pregnancy.
To book an appointment with the Best Hospital for Pregnancy in Chandigarh, click here: https://healinghospital.co.in/gynecology/
Visits to Doctor in a High Risk Pregnancy
Following are the number of visits that a normal pregnancy demands.
- First trimester: One visit is required every month
- Second trimester: One visit is required every two weeks
- Third trimester: One visit is required every week
The number can double in a high-risk pregnancy. Given the mother’s and baby’s health, it could potentially go higher. These visits will help you and your doctor in making sure that everything is all right with the foetus and yourself.
In the case of a high-risk pregnancy, regular testing is required to guarantee that the baby is healthy. The number of visits in high risk pregnancies is not set because each pregnancy is unique. Hence there is no one-size-fits-all solution in this case. Book an appointment with Best Hospital for Pregnancy in Chandigarh to know all about it.
Due to technological and medical advancements, a high risk pregnancy can be easily managed nowadays with frequent visits to your gynaecologist. However, there are some symptoms of which you need to be extra cautious in a high risk pregnancy which include vaginal bleeding, headaches, blurred vision, nausea and weakness, decreased activity of the baby, fever and chills.
There may be ups and downs with a high-risk pregnancy, but remember that you are bringing a new life into this world. This might be challenging but will be totally worth it. Maintain a positive attitude and have a safe pregnancy.