- Liver is a very important organ of the digestive system. You need to give proper attention to liver health so that it functions optimally. Employ healthy lifestyle practices that promote good liver health.
- The liver is located under the ribcage on the right side. Its main function is to purify the blood and filter harmful chemicals made in your body. The liver produces bile that assists in breaking down fat from food. Additionally, it stores glucose which is required for a swift boost of energy.
- Taking care of your liver is not complicated and all it requires is simple lifestyle practices that need to be followed religiously. Some simple tips for liver care include:
- Have a balanced diet that is rich in fiber as it helps to keep your weight in check and liver healthy.
- It is imperative to include any form of exercise on a daily basis to prevent conditions such as NAFLD (Non-Alcoholic Fatty Disease) and Liver Cirrhosis.
- Certain painkillers and cholesterol drugs can occasionally cause problems with the liver. Always take care that you do not excessively consume cold medicines and prescription pain medicines.
- Have alcohol in moderation as excessive alcohol consumption damages liver cells and causes inflammation in the liver.
- It is essential to get vaccinated against Hepatitis A and B. Both of these are viral infections of the liver and can be contracted through different sources. While Hepatitis A spreads from contaminated water and food; sexual contact and contaminated blood and needles are the source of Hepatitis B.
- Avoid going overboard with supplements that are available in traditional or modern medicine. Over-supplementation can cause irreversible liver damage and inflammation.
- Over-the-counter weight loss pills might consist of ingredients that are harmful for the liver. So, always consult your doctor before taking any such pills.
- Protect yourself against Hepatitis C as currently there is no vaccine available for it. Unsafe sex and sharing of needles, razors or personal care items where there is a chance of blood-to-blood contact are the major causes of Hepatitis C. If you have doubts, its crucial to get yourself tested for the same.
- Fatty liver disease gets triggered if you have a combination of health issues such as obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Prevent liver damage by keeping all these factors under check. Regularly visit your specialist doctor so that any liver disease can be detected at an early stage and treated appropriately.
- Cigarette smoking is linked with the development of liver cancer. Therefore, cut down on smoking or better get rid of it completely.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND APPOINTMENT CALL:
+0172-5088883, +91 9464343434